12/22/08

Bryant Park Sycamores



All
of
the
trees
in
Byrant
Park
are
Sycamores.


I always buy a weekly Metrocard to get around on the subway, and because I don't live there, I always give the card away after my last ride. Giving something away can be interesting, I usually hang out near the vending machine and when someone approaches, I hand them the card and tell them it's got a few days left before it expires. The last time I was in town, no one approached the vending machine and I was running out of time to get a cab ride to the airport. I went upstairs onto the street and the first person I saw I thought might ride was a small fierce woman. I veered toward her on the sidewalk and said "Excuse me, I'm leaving town and I will give you this card if you can use it, it will be active for a few more days". She eyed me suspiciously like there might be a trap. I told her again that the card would be active for a couple more days if she wanted it. She hesitated just a moment before she snatched it from my hand and hurried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment